Ajaya: Roll of the Dice is a 2013...
Ajaya: Roll of the Dice is a 2013 Indian novel of mythological fiction written by Anand Neelakantan. The first installment of the Ajaya series, it tells the story of the Kauravas. As opposed to the usual tale told from the point of view of the victors, this entire story is written from Duryodhana's view.
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Dimensions (cm) :||21.0cm(H) x 13.4cm(W) x 2.7(D) x 0.5kg|
|Author :||Anand Neelakantan|
|Publisher :||Leadstart Publishing Private Limited|
At the heart of India’s most powerful empire, a revolution is brewing. Bhishma, the noble patriarch of Hastinapura, is struggling to maintain the unity of his empire. On the throne sits Dhritarashtra, the blind King, and his foreign-born Queen – Gandhari. In the shadow of the throne stands Kunti, the Dowager-Queen, burning with ambition to see her firstborn become the ruler, acknowledged by all.
And in the wings:
* Parashurama, the enigmatic Guru of the powerful Southern Confederate, bides his time to take over and impose his will from mountains to ocean.
* Ekalavya, a young Nishada, yearns to break free of caste restrictions and become a warrior.
* Karna, son of a humble charioteer, travels to the South to study under the foremost Guru of the day and become the greatest archer in the land.
* Balarama, the charismatic leader of the Yadavas, dreams of building the perfect city by the sea and seeing his people prosperous and proud once more.
* Takshaka, guerilla leader of the Nagas, foments a revolution by the downtrodden as he lies in wait in the jungles of India, where survival is the only dharma.
* Jara, the beggar, and his blind dog Dharma, walk the dusty streets of India, witness to people and events far greater than they, as the Pandavas and the Kauravas confront their searing destinies.
Amidst the chaos, Prince Suyodhana, heir of Hastinapura, stands tall, determined to claim his birthright and act according to his conscience. He is the maker of his own destiny – or so he believes. While in the corridors of the Hastinapura palace, a foreign Prince plots to destroy India. And the dice falls…
No customer reviews for the moment.
From the pen of the author who gave voice to Ravana in the national...
Ajaya: Roll of the Dice is a 2013 Indian novel of mythological fiction...
Book 2 55 B.C. & 54 B.C. Julius Caesar invades Britain twice…only to...
What if Ravana and his people had a different story to tell? The story...
The Vengeance of Indra is the third novel of the Vikramaditya Veergatha...