Journey into the exciting world of...
Journey into the exciting world of fast-manoeuvring boats, skilful tacking and cool competitors.
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Dimensions (cm) :||22 (H) x 15 (W) x 0.4 (D) x 0.1kg|
|Author :||Andy Horsley|
|Publisher :||Tick Tock Books|
|Type :||Glossy Cover (Paperback)|
Did you know that the fastest speed ever achieved on a sailboard is 83 km/h? That kayaks were invented by the Inuits? Or that one unlucky sculling champion dropped his gold medal in Lake Wendouree?
From sailing to rowing, this book comprehensively explores all the water sports in Olympic competition:
• Background history of the event.
• The rules of the event, and how the competitor wins.
• The skills and tactics.
• Clothing, equipment and the place where the event is held.
• The men and women who have made Olympic history.
• Great Olympic moments.
• Amazing statistics.
• “Did you know” facts – ranging from the heroic to the bizarre!
No customer reviews for the moment.